We are thankful and encouraged by all of those who are open to serve with us in the work God has given to us to equip leaders for the urban church. Below you will find a listing of a variety of ways you can use your funds, prayers, and energies to help us facilitate our ministry here locally, nationally, and internationally. The list includes many kinds of tasks, and calls for a plethora of skills, anything from light carpentry to technical help with computers and web maintenance. If God is speaking to you in any way regarding his desire for you to help and serve with us, this list should offer you many practical ideas about how to begin.
Please email us and provide your contact information and let us know how you are interested in volunteering with us. We look forward to seeing how God will connect our efforts more and more to advance his Kingdom here in Wichita and across the country. Mother Teresa said, “We can do no great things; only small things with great love.” May the Lord Jesus guide and direct you as you look for ways to serve the unreached urban poor with us, praying earnestly, giving generously, and serving faithfully the poor in the city. We thank God for you!
Possible Ways to Volunteer with The Urban Ministry Institute/World Impact
The following list represents some of the various ways that you can support the work God is doing here at the Institute. The range of involvement varies greatly here, from giving and regular intercession, to practical, ongoing, and personal involvement in the various projects we undertake here. Our desire is to give your God-given passion an outlet in sync with the many, many tasks that our small staff is charged to accomplish. Pray and ask the Lord if any of the tasks below (or some other one which strikes your heart) is what he would have you do with us. We are open to one time project help or ongoing volunteering with us!
- Learn how to intercede effectively for world cities (TUMI’s Let God Arise! Resources)
- Host urban mission concert of prayer
- Info on becoming an urban missionary
- Be added to the TUMI mailing list
- Receive prayer letter from urban missionary
- Support an urban missionary financially
- Underwrite student for Pastor’s Workshop
- Sponsor student for Certificate Program
- Support curriculum projects for urban churches
- Raise funds, donate student textbooks
- Support, volunteer at TUMI Shalom Library
- Mentor Capstone module at a TUMI satellite
- Do light carpentry projects
- Assist with administrative tasks
- Sewing projects for our Leadership Training Conference facilities (e.g. Bench cushions for prayer chapel, table cloths for dining area)
- Help with painting and work projects
- Create databases using Microsoft Access
- Input data into TUMI databases
- Edit audio files of TUMI presentations
- Provide photography support for TUMI events, activities, and/or advertising
- Proofread TUMI text projects
- Format text in wordprocessor for publication
- Transcription of audio teaching
- Help with ongoing janitorial needs
- Offer conference staff support (set up, greeting, meals, close down, etc.)
- Computer maintenance and tech support
- Audio and/or video recording/editing
- Maintain and service TUMI network, website, and webstore
Send Us Your Contact and Volunteer Information
If any of the above tasks seem feasible and desirable, we want to hear from you. Please, complete our "Volunteer Application Form" and mail it to the address on the form. Please Contact Us and include the information below. Give us some time to ponder and scheme how we can best take advantage of your interests, or determine what the right timing might be for your involvement and help. After we consider these things, we will connect with you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your interest in this important work of leadership training in the city!
- Your Name
- Street Address / City / State and Zip Code
- Email Address
- Telephone (day/evening)
- Things / projects you might be interested in helping us with
- Times you are available to serve/volunteer